Matthew E. Wright - Shareholder
Matthew E. Wright is an alumnus of Vanderbilt University Law School. He also received his B.A. degree in Philosophy from Vanderbilt University and attended the University of Leeds in England.
A third-generation Tennessee lawyer, Mr. Wright graduated from Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in DuBois, Wyoming in August, 2011 and has achieved a 10 of 10 rating "superb" from Avvo.com. He has served on the Board of Governors for the Tennessee Association for Justice (formerly Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association) since 2009 and has served on the Association's Ethics Committee. He has authored articles that have appeared in Tennessee Trial Lawyer Magazine.
Having tried multiple jury trials to verdict as lead counsel and having achieved seven figure recoveries for clients, his primary areas of practice include personal injury, automobile negligence, medical negligence, products liability, defective drugs, defective medical devices, and general civil litigation.
- All Tennessee State courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers' College (2011-)
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)(2006-)
- AAJ Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- Tennessee Association for Justice (formerly Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association) (2006-)
- Board of Governors, Tennessee Association for Justice (2009-2012)
- Ethics Committee, Tennessee Association for Justice (2009-2010)
- TAJ Medical Malpractice Litigation Group
- TAJ Attorney Mentor
- "Defeating the Ostrich Defense in Premises Liability Cases", Tennessee Trial Lawyer, 2009
- "Securities Action", Tennessee Trial Lawyer, 2005
- "Admissibility of Expert Testimony", National Business Institute, 2004
- Member of Brentwood Baptist Church and Committed Lifegroup
- Married to Lindsay Harrison Wright with four children.
- CrossFit Jackson tribe member