Paralegal: Tammy Scott
Matthew E. Wright devotes a majority of his career to representing injured persons in connection with negligent commercial trucking companies and other related companies engaged in the insurance, hiring, training and retention of truck operators.
Mr. Wright is an alumnus of Vanderbilt University Law School. He also received his B.A. degree in Philosophy from Vanderbilt University and attended the University of Leeds in England.
A third-generation Tennessee lawyer, Mr. Wright graduated from Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in DuBois, Wyoming in August, 2011 and has achieved a 10 of 10 rating "superb" from Avvo.com. He has served on the Board of Governors for the Tennessee Association for Justice (formerly Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association) since 2009 and has served on the Association's Ethics Committee. He has authored articles that have appeared in Tennessee Trial Lawyer Magazine and has served on the Executive Board of the American Association for Justice Interstate Trucking Litigation Group and as Co-Chair of the group's Journal.
Having tried multiple jury trials to verdict as lead counsel and having achieved seven figure recoveries for clients, his primary areas of practice include cases involving injuries and wrongful death caused by trucking companies and tractor-trailers, personal injury, automobile negligence, civil rights (deprivation of constitutional rights by state actors), employment and discrimination law, Fair Labor Standards Act, medical negligence, products liability, defective drugs, defective medical devices, and general civil litigation. Mr. Wright routinely practices in both federal and state courts in Tennessee and elsewhere. Mr. Wright's practice is national in scope, as he has been admitted by special admission to courts around the country and has handled cases in Arkansas, California, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, New York and Texas in addition to Tennessee.
"***** Matthew Wright represented my husband and I in a personal injury case. My husband was in a serious accident involving an 18 wheeler. Matt made a very stressful situation so much easier for us. He is kind, caring and very knowledgable. We were proud to have him handle our case. He is devoted to his clients and he always took the time to answer any questions we had. He worked hard to get us the settlement we needed. He knows the ins and outs of trucking litigation. He explained everything to us step by step. He made the whole process so much easier for us so we could focus on my husbands recovery which really meant a lot to us. We highly reccomend him to anyone that is looking for a trustworthy attorney."
-Chasity, a personal injury client
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2002)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1994)
- The Westminster Schools, Atlanta, GA (Class of 1990)
- All Tennessee State courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers' College (2011-)
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)(2006-)
- AAJ Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- Interstate Trucking Litigation Journal, Co-Chair of Journal (2014-2015)
- Interstate Trucking Litigation Group, Member of Executive Board (2014-2015).
- Tennessee Association for Justice (formerly Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association) (2006-)
- Board of Governors, Tennessee Association for Justice (2009-2012)
- Ethics Committee, Tennessee Association for Justice (2009-2010)
- TAJ Medical Malpractice Litigation Group
- TAJ Attorney Mentor
- "Left-Hand Turn Cases," AAJ, Interstate Trucking Litigation Journal (Fall 2014)
- "Defeating the Ostrich Defense in Premises Liability Cases", Tennessee Trial Lawyer (2009)
- "Securities Action", Tennessee Trial Lawyer (2005)
- "Admissibility of Expert Testimony", National Business Institute (2004)
Featured Speaking Engagements
- American Association for Justice JazzFest Seminar - Trucking Litigation Group, "Case Themes and Demonstrative Evidence in Trucking Cases" (2014)
- Member of Brentwood Baptist Church and Committed Lifegroup
- Married with four children
- CrossFit member